Re: Will there be a 4G Basic phone with QWERTY keyboard?
susb8383

But it looks like the Cosmo Communicator doesn't support video. The Pro1 Fxtec does. Even my old Samsung Intensity 3 has video capability.

0 Likes
priscella54
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is very disturbing to me.  My mom and my mother in law are 84 and 90 years old...they both have 3g phones that will no longer work at the end of the year.  Smart phone's don't work due to sensitivity issues with arthritic fingers.  they both prefer texting more than talking.... and there isn't a flip hone that does talk to text.  very sad that Verizon can't come up with an option for handicapped people, with all the technology out there

NotALemming
Enthusiast - Level 1

I refuse to go to the now-popular "smart phone" for so many reasons. I prefer a qwerty flip phone and will seek one out through a new provider if I need to to get one. Or find a provider where I can continue to use my trusty old Octane which is a REALLY GREAT DEPENDABLE STURDY PHONE. Seems Vz would work with LG to satisfy customers with the same preferences. Luckily, there are many other providers out there to seek out that may be more accomodating than Vz...

deloused
Master - Level 3

And maybe someday the landline providers will bring back rotary dial telephones since there's also still a very few number of consumers that want them!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly hear your concerns about the specific needs of your mom and mother-in-law, priscella54. I totally understand that a tactile keyboard would work best for them. While we don't currently have a basic phone offering that meets that criteria, we add new phone choices often and you can bookmark out our basic phone line-up here to see if in the future we offer something that better fits needs: http://spr.ly/66031KZE1 We'll be happy to lift up this feedback as well. Does this help?  

RyanM_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are a valued customer and we do not want you to go anywhere for service with your basic phone, NotALemming. We understand that you prefer a qwerty flip phone. Why would you consider a move from our Verizon family?
Are you having any service issues with your current flip phone?
If you are, please share specific details, we can help!

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Ford1953jim

Verizon has extended the shutdown date for 3G CDMA to the end of 2020(https://www.lightreading.com/mobile/3g-hspa/verizon-delays-3g-network-shutdown/d/d-id/753147). Alcatel makes a new 4G LTE flip phone that uses Google Assistant to do voice txt msgs.So far it is only T-MOBIL(Alcatel Flip 3) and AT&T(Alcatel Smart Flip). Too bad Verizon doesn't have a version of it.

0 Likes
NotALemming
Enthusiast - Level 1

My current Octane flip phone is 3G which rumor has it, will not be operational after the end of 2019. Isn't that correct, Vz?  I will NEVER get a glass fronted smart phone and pay $ for a big data plan - no use for it. I don't want or need to carry a computer around with me every day.. I like a phone I can slip in my pocket & not worry about it breaking like a fragile egg. I have enough to worry about every day than to coddle and a phone like a newborn. No thank you. Not a Lemming.Bad enough I barely have had decent Vz cell service at my home going on 11 years but still paying the monthly price. I really hope you are listening, Vz....there are a lot of other options out there but I'd like to stay where I am if possible. 

cmoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're still avoiding the obvious, Verizon! You are making us throw the working phones that we love in the trash can. You designed the new  basic phones to be worse and more neaderthat than the original basic fones in your attempt to tether use to the dead battery smart phone!

We want a cell fone in the holster not a PC, TV Screen or tablet sized fone that cost more than our electricity bill every month.

cmoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, they paint the picture that if you don't buy the super expensive smart phone that you are stupid, elderly or too young (all displayed as freaks).