Would I have to pay an ETF and sign a new contract after buying a smartphone second hand?
Colemanbriggs

She currently has a basic phone and I am planning on purchasing an iPhone 5c from a friend and it was used through Verizon. Would we have to cancel her contact and pay the fee or could we just simply start paying for data and what not for the iPhone 5c when it is activated to her number. Thanks and all answers are greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My girlfriend has a basic phone and she is wanting to upgrade. I want to buy her a iPhone 5c off of a friend and I was wondering is she would have to upgrade her plan and cancel her contract to use her iPhone 5c
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colemanbriggs, upgrading is an awesome and exciting time. I love my iPhone. If your girlfriend was going purchase a device from a friend, this would would not extend your contract. Please be advised it you do not have a data plan on this line or sharing one on the account it would require a data plan on the account.
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My girlfriend has a basic phone and she is wanting to upgrade. I want to buy her a iPhone 5c off of a friend and I was wondering is she would have to upgrade her plan and cancel her contract to use her iPhone 5c
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colemanbriggs, upgrading is an awesome and exciting time. I love my iPhone. If your girlfriend was going purchase a device from a friend, this would would not extend your contract. Please be advised it you do not have a data plan on this line or sharing one on the account it would require a data plan on the account.
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes