Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it. I was wonderfully greeted. As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing around
BBokoski

Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it.  I was wonderfully greeted.  As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing around without customer.  The greeter came up to me again after several minutes and told me I was next.  Well I thought this is just a simple transaction why do I have to wait so long.  So I wanted to document this experience and share it with others.  I began recording it and I announced to the greeter I was recording.  She had no reply and nor did the security guard.  The greeter went and told the available staff who rolled their eyes mainly Elizabeth and then they proceeded into the back room.  This took several more minutes - my time there was over 30 minutes on site and I was the next person from the time I walked in.  What a horrible customer service model they have there.

When I was finally being helped Elizabeth strolled over and asked me to the delete the video otherwise she was calling the police.  GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!   Then she threatened if I didn't permanently delete them she was calling the police again.  I deleted the videos - now I share the story through the internet.  How ridiculous is this place.  I'm sorry I have ever done business with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it. I was wonderfully greeted. As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing aro
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's not uncommon to have to wait your turn. Typically that means other people are in front of you. You also don't know that 2 of those employees were new and couldn't help you alone, which means the manager on duty was essentially the only employee who could help you while also training someone.

You didn't need to escalate the situation by filming. Not many people want to be filmed by strangers; they don't know you or what you are doing so chances are you waited longer while they figured out what they wanted to do with you.

It's very odd you wanted to film waiting, to me them calling the police on you should have been the first thing they did. Especially since it sounds like you only waited 30 minutes total, but began filming right away. You could have been scoping out the place etc.

Try finding another way to become a YouTube sensation.

Re: Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it.  I was wonderfully greeted.  As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing aro
BBokoski

I have no desire to be a youtube sensation.  I do see that you're a Jedi.

0 Likes
Re: Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it.  I was wonderfully greeted.  As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing aro
Snn5
Legend

Oooooo a psychic, or someone who can read a profile.

0 Likes
Re: Yesterday, I bought my 80-year-old Dad a basic phoneand he didn't want it so I went to the Verizon store on Mall Loop Drive in Joliet to simply return it. I was wonderfully greeted. As the many minutes passed, I noticed at least 3 staff standing aro
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do you also see how unnerving it could be for the employees that you started to film when there was no incident going on? This day and age it could make anyone feel unsafe. You could have been part of a plot to shoot up the mall, especially by announcing to the entire store you were filming.

You could have asked how long the wait would be, or what the hold up was - doesn't sound like you did either, you simply pulled out your phone which in turn increased your wait time while they phoned the store owner, or another store manager etc.