activating new device on plan with unlimited data - says it's not compatible
ACPhoenix22

I am trying to activate a device on an existing line on my plan. My plan has unlimited data. When I try to activate the phone, it says that I need to choose a new data package and that the phone is not compatible with my current plan. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: activating new device on plan with unlimited data - says it's not compatible
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your old phone and what is your new phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: activating new device on plan with unlimited data - says it's not compatible
ACPhoenix22

old phone is LG Vortex. New phone is LG enV Touch.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ACPhoenix22 wrote:

old phone is LG Vortex (smartphone). New phone is LG enV Touch (feature/basic phone).

Okay, that makes sense now.  The unlimited data plan cannot be grandfathered when switching from a basic feature phone to a smartphone.  You must select from the currently available tiered smartphone data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jimfitzgerald wrote:

Which one is the feature phone and which one is the smartphone?

I added it to the quote in bold after each phone.

Edit: I see what you mean now! Either way, going from feature phone to smartphone or going from smartphone to feature phone, the unlimited data plan cannot be transferred or grandfathered. Only the current data plan will be available to choose from.

0 Likes