Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
assigned ringtone for contacts not working on TCL4056s flip phone
MARPRA52

Hello - I hope I've posted this question in the proper location.

I just purchased the TCL4056 flip phone for my wife (who doesn't want a smartphone) - and I can't get a ringtone that is assigned to a contact to work - the incoming call always uses the default incoming ringtone under Settings>Personalization>Sound>Tones>Ringtones.

I did all known troubleshooting, deleted my cell phone as a contact (it was the only contact as the phone is brand new) and re-entered it.  I spoke with a tier 2 tech who searched the "verizon forums for employees" (not available to the public) - he saw the issue listed as a known problem that was supposed to be fixed by a software update earlier this year, but it didn't fix it.

With all due respect to that tech, I'm hoping that someone may have found a solution or at least a workaround.  My wife rarely uses the phone except to call me and vice versa - with me having a different ringtone it makes it easy for her to ignore other calls (without having to look at her phone) which are 99% spam - very few people have her cell #.

I can assign a ringtone to my contact, but when I call her flip phone, it always plays the "incoming call default ringtone" instead.  The tech said that it appears to be an Android related software issue affecting all phones that use that software.  The phone is using software KAIOS 3.0 and there are no new software updates.

If anyone could please help, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: assigned ringtone for contacts not working on TCL4056s flip phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MARPRA52, thank you for reaching out to us. Making sure you are able to assign a ringtone to your contacts is important. We appreciate the steps you have taken. We would recommend that you continue to keep a look out for any new Software Updates for the device. Here is a helpful link https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-239302/ to view the steps on how to set up a ringtone for an individual contact.  

-Sylvia

0 Likes