background/ringtones
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

i have the lg extravert. for the past few months now my phone has been changing my background and my default ringtones. even the ringtones i have set. so i have to reset them all and in order for it to even stick i have to pull the battery out and put it back in sometimes 3 times. does anyone else have this issue? is there a software update that i am missing? or do i just need to upgrade my phone..which is expensive. someone please help im extremely frustrated with this issue Verizon Wireless Customer Support please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: background/ringtones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello buzzeswoman2008! I regret what's been happening with your Extravert. I admit that I haven't any experience with the behavior you've described. There was a software update pushed to the device in July, but it wasn't intended to address what you've shared because this hasn't been flagged as a known issue.

How frequently does this happen? Are all of the ringtones and background images involved in this part of the preloaded media package or did you get them from other sources? If from other sources, I would set the device to only preloaded images and tones for the time being to see if this continues. If it does, it may be time to discuss replacement options. Please let us know!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

thank you for the response. it does happen pretty frequently. and yes some of them are ringtones i have gotten from other sources.however some of them are not. does this phone update automatically when a new update is available? i just checked my software and it said it updated back in april?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details buzzeswoman20008. The phone is definitely capable of updating the software over the air so it doesn't require you to have to go in a physically check for a new update. Can you provide what current software version you have on your phone now? This way we can see if there is another one available and the phone is just not showing it.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes