backup assistant entry duplication
Skribanr

The Backup Assistant app appears to be psychotic.  Regardless of the type of phone (this has happened on three different ones), backing up keeps duplicating the whole Contact list!  What good is a database manager (what BA is) if it cannot recognize when two instances of an item are the same?  I cannot spend my time deleting 4, 5, and 6 copies of the same contact from online.  If I try, it just keeps duplicating them.  I have found no solution for this bug, nor any comments about it happening to others.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: backup assistant entry duplication
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help ensure you get the most out of Backup Assistant Skirbanr! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. What make and model is your current device? Backup Assistant is designed to backup your entire contact list. When new entries are added, it will back them up; however, it will also continue to backup the existing entries. Are you only seeing the duplication online? Have you tried just using the app on the phone itself to add new entries and completing the backup? Are the contacts duplicated on the phone as well?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes