basic phones not on verizon website
snobes

i wanted to buy another basic phone, but don't like any of the ones on the verizon website. i want to keep my verizon family plan.  any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: basic phones not on verizon website
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could look at places like ebay or Amazon for an older, discontinued phone; some might still be new in the box.  Just ensure that it's Verizon branded with a clean ESN.

0 Likes
Re: basic phones not on verizon website
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

It all depends on your preferences for features and style of phone (clamshell, candybar, touch screen, slide out keyboard?) Search on eBay or Amazon for "Verizon basic phone" -- there are many options. Read lots of reviews, make sure the phone is sold as "New" or has a clean ESN, the seller has high feedback and allows returns. Go to Best Buy, Target, Costco or Wal-Mart and test-drive their basic phones if possible. At least get a feel for the build quality, how it feels in your hand, has features you need and want, etc. before buying.

(I recently went through this myself, didn't like any of the Verizon options, ended up switching to AT&T and got a Pantech Renue. Verizon offers the Pantech Jest, but I didn't like the extremely cramped QWERTY keyboard on the Jest.)

0 Likes