change settings verizon wireless software upgrade assistant
stubberino

I find this app very intrusive. It pops up very often and interrupts my writing and reduces the screen. How can I change it to a manual setting that will allow me to check for updates rather than being interrupted 40+ times a day. I realize it must have been my fault when I installed it, but can I change it now?

Thanks for your attention.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: change settings verizon wireless software upgrade assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does not sound like fun stubberino! I want to make sure that you are happy with your device. Which model do you have? Is this a notification advising you of a software update? Was this an application that was downloaded or pre-installed? Are you able to access the settings to turn off push notifications? Please provide additional details so that I can better assist!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: change settings verizon wireless software upgrade assistant
gmsmallwood

I have the same problem the notification on the windows software upgrade assistant.  An obnoxious screen pops up every few minutes and says "The software on your phone is up to date"  I DONT CARE IF IT IS UP TO DATE !@##$?@#$# I ONLY CARE IF IT IS NOT UP TO DATE.  Enough with the pop-up notification.  I am continuously having to disrupt my flow and acknowledge OK to get the notification to go away.  It would be the same if a passenger in my car kept announcing "I don't have to pee" every few minutes.  Enough already shut up and only let me know when you do have to pee.and i will pull over. 

I am like stubberino! how do I either turn off the notification and only check for upgrades manually so I can rid myself of that obnoxious pop-up

0 Likes