does a samsung sch-485 support a sim card?
pattonistheman

not sure if this supports a sim card. screen went dark and cannot retrieve any contact info.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: does a samsung sch-485 support a sim card?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The phone will support up to a 32 GB SD card. If you had a card installed and had saved contacts you can now recover them from the card.     Support - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-U485 | Samsung Cell Phones

0 Likes
pattonistheman

Thanks. There was no SD card. Plus I don't know how I would be able to see anything because the display does not function.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Before we give up did you have the contacts backed up when you made the purchase from the store or perhaps you may have done a backup yourself to Google etc? If you backed up they are still available to you and your next phone.

0 Likes
pattonistheman

Thanks again for your help, but in going to a Verizon store, they did could not retrieve any info.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Sorry but we gave it a good try and on that next purchase backup to Google. see below:

To start your backup on that new phone set up a Google account, sign in and do the following:

Go to Settings, Personal,
Backup and reset
, and.

select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.

Go to Settings, Personal,
Accounts & Sync

and select your Google account.

Select all of the option boxes
listed, to ensure that

all your available data is now synced. After backing up your information, you will be
able to sign in to your Google account from any phone you own.

0 Likes