doorbell
fredk1

The doorbell in my apartment lobby will ring my LG Exalt, and I need to press "9" and hold for 3 seconds to unlock the front door.  The problem is that every time I press 9, the phone hangs up! 

The call comes in as Restricted, but I have friends whose calls come in that way with no problems.  All my restriction settings are off.  FYI, this is not a smart phone and I do not have a data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: doorbell
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fredk1,

Technology is wonderful. Let's just get this working for you and you will love it. Do all of your calls come in as "Restricted", or just the ones when they push your doorbell?

It sounds as if when you get the call and you open the phone you need to push "Send" on the phone this will answer the call and then you can press and hold the 9 for 3 seconds to unlock the door. Let's try this and see how it works. Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out, together, fredk1! It sounds like you live in a secure building that allows access to your outside door via your phone. Is this correct? One of the best steps to try would be adjusting the stretnth of your LG Exalt keypad tones. From your main screen select Menu, Settings & Tools, Call Settings, DTMF Tones. Change to Long or Short then retest. Please keep us posted on this so we can help.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fredk1

Thanks for your reply. You are correct, when someone visits,they punch my apartment number into the keypad and it rings my cellphone. This part works. I'm supposed to press and hold “9“ for 3 seconds to open the front door.

When my phone rings and I flip it open I see the caller ID of “Restricted”.  I also see 2 buttons at the bottom, one that says “Quiet” and the other that says “Ignore”. I have friends who call with restricted numbers and I don’t remember seeing Quiet or Ignore before, but maybe I never noticed them.

When I press “9”, it does not open the door.

FYI, I changed the DTMF Tones to short, and still had the problem.

Thanks.Fred

>> E-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fredk1,

Technology is wonderful. Let's just get this working for you and you will love it. Do all of your calls come in as "Restricted", or just the ones when they push your doorbell?

It sounds as if when you get the call and you open the phone you need to push "Send" on the phone this will answer the call and then you can press and hold the 9 for 3 seconds to unlock the door. Let's try this and see how it works. Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fredk1

That did it!!  Thank you so much for your knowledge and persistence!

Previously when guests came, I would go downstairs to let them in.  But I really needed the doorbell to work now because on Thursday I'm going in for surgery, and for the next week or two, having to go downstairs would be a really big deal (or out even of the question) .

>> Personal information/e-mail reply/headers removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes