Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
dumbphone recharging issues
Hapless

This started a few weeks ago - now it is impossible.  The phone registers as charged after charging overnight. I unplug it, get the verizon check on a white lined screen, then nothing.  Up until last Saturday or so, I could repeat this process a time or two & the phone would work.  Now it will give me nothing but a charging/charged message.  I think it might be my charger since I tried this with another phone and got similar results.  This is the world's cheapest prepaid rechargable phone that works just great for my purposes. How, outside of buying another charger somewhere, do I figure out what I need to do differently?

(ie get a new charger, get a new battery, hate Verizon for their lack of customer service - or at least the inaccessability of it.  )

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dumbphone recharging issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi,
I know appropriate charging is very crucial to the device and I would like to help.  I'm not sure I understand exactly what the phone is experiencing.  Which device do you have?  Is the phone not charging or are you concerned with the charged message?    Have you tried a different charger with the phone?  This will tell us if the charger is the cause.  Please share more details, so I may further assist.  Thank you.

TominqueB_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Hapless

I've waded through phone support with samsung (very difficult- catch 22 situation), evidently I am now (how many days later? at least three) receiving on-line support from Verizon. 

Last night, I walked in to a Verizon "store" where I could talk to a real person face to face -- and solved the problem. I had inadvertently turned off the phone and as I use it very infrequently I did not realize this was the problem. This was determined by interacting with a person. 

BTW I have a dumbphone. It makes phone calls & probably some other junk but as it is a per call charge I haven't bothered with any other features.  Samsung Gusto (more appropriately "Gonzo").  The Samsung woman couldn't tell me how to remove the back to the battery housing without knowing exactly which samsung Gonzo I had - that couldn't be determined until I could remove the battery.  Rather amusing as the irony of the situation just did not register with her.

But while I have your attention - clue me in. On the $1.98 a call plan on this little rechargable prepaid gizmo, am I charged for text messages?  I know I get charged for incoming calls to someone that had the phone before I did (so I don't answer the phone.)  Trying to read the too fine print doesn't give me the answer.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum where customer help other customers.  If there are no answers after a few days then a VZW employee will often assist with the problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes