family locator
slack52

I have downloaded family locator on my sons phone.  when i locate him, his phone shows the chaperone locator working.  does anyone know how to turn this off so that i can find him without  him knowing i am looking?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: family locator
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

No there isn't.  I hope this is something they change in a future release (do it in the background).

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Every customer is told in three ways that their device is being located to help prevent any Verizon Customer from being located without their consent.

1) When a phone is turned on it informs them that they can be located.

2) When a phone is being located it informs them that they are being located.

3) If a customer's privacy setting is set to always ask, then the customer will be asked if they wish to share their location at that time.

0 Likes
Re: family locator - how to aclimatize your children to being located.. make it routine!
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should set up arrival & departure updates, which inform you every time your son leaves or arrives at specific locations, and also set up a scheduled update for periodic automated checkins.

In this way your son will not associate the "locates, with your locating him, but rather with everyday common place automated locates. This will disguise when it is your locate versus when it is a scheduled or arrival & departure locate.

An Arrival & Departure Update is sent to your cell phone when the designated Locatee arrives at or departs from a specified location. You set up locations within the Locations tab on the Family Locator website. You set up Arrival & Depature updates within the Updates tab on the Family Locator website.

An Scheduled Update is sent to your cell phone at specified times and days of the week. You set up locations within the Locations tab on the Family Locator website. You set up Scheduled updates within the Updates tab on the Family Locator website.

0 Likes
Delana

It is weird because i have a friend who has Sprint and they can turn off the notification on the locatee's phone.  What is the point if your child knows that u have located him.  All we are trying to do is protect them

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Delana wrote:

It is weird because i have a friend who has Sprint and they can turn off the notification on the locatee's phone.  What is the point if your child knows that u have located him.  All we are trying to do is protect them

@Delana

Please consider the domestic abuse victim on the run with their cell phone to stay connected to their support network, even as their Account Owning abuser can attempt to track them. Please see http://parentalcontrolcenter.com/making-a-difference-through-hopeline for more ideas on protecting the privacy of domestic abuse victims.

0 Likes
LeonardM
Enthusiast - Level 3

1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime, and law enforcement and domestic violence agencies report that a significant percent of abuse incidents go unreported. Anybody with a Verizon Wireless cell phone can dial #HOPE (#4673) and connect directly to the National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH) – toll and airtime free.

0 Likes
hjt13

the family abuse member on the run considers less than .001% of all locatees on this plan.  It seems odd to consider this low percentage victum in reference to this complaint when it might help such a larger amount of them stay out of trouble.  The only good of warning the person that is being located is to give them an ability to continue to do it without being caught doing whatever it is they should not be doing.  There should be an option to turn it on, or turn it off.  When its off the locator should be notified which would protect the abused child/person and also notify the protecting person that someone may be doing something wrong.  Placing inconveneint tags on apps to protect the company legal is rediculous.

0 Likes