global phone not working in europe
wgerber

i have no way to call verizon I am in spain and my "global" phone will not work at all

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: global phone not working in europe
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

pcm, the SOS basically means that you have access to 911 in North America and 119 in Europe EMERGENCY SERVICES ONLY and your phone is working properly but FAILED NETOWRK AUTHENTICATION with the 3G roaming SIM card IMSI (serial#).

Most likely someone at Verizon entering into their computer system the WRONG NUMBER of the SIM CARD # into their global roaming systems.

You need to call VZW Global Support and open the back of your phone, remove the battery and pull the SIM card out. 

On the back of the Vodafone-VZW 3G roaming SIM card is a #. 

RELAY THAT *EXACT* NUMBER to the VZW CS agent and they will make sure the EXACT NUMBER is in the systems.

When you activate the global roaming service the ORIGINAL NUMBER OF THE ORIGINAL ONE SHIPPED IN THE MANUFACTURED BOX IS INCLUDED.

IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DIDN"T USE THAT ONE AND GOT A NEW 3G ROAMING SIM (INTERNATIONAL) FROM VZW YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SIM CARD IMSI # UPDATED WITH VZW CS!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Did you call Verizon before you left to enable international services? You may be able to do this online.

Here's a link:http://b2b.vzw.com/international/outside_us.html

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

wgerber wrote:

i have no way to call verizon I am in spain and my "global" phone will not work at all

If you still need assistance with your wireless service in Spain, please send us a private message including your Hotel phone number and your Hotel room number and a member of our Global team will get in touch with you.

If you prefer, please follow us on Twitter and send us message so we can follow you and then you can send us a Direct Message on Twitter with your contact information.

0 Likes
pcs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Paris. I activated international service before I left the US. Phone doesn't work - I get SOS only, and it does recognize French networks but won't go beyond SOS

0 Likes
pcs
Enthusiast - Level 2

And what is this private message Antonio is referring to?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Gold envelope, top right corner, Messages...

You may have gotten an email as well.
0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

pcm, the SOS basically means that you have access to 911 in North America and 119 in Europe EMERGENCY SERVICES ONLY and your phone is working properly but FAILED NETOWRK AUTHENTICATION with the 3G roaming SIM card IMSI (serial#).

Most likely someone at Verizon entering into their computer system the WRONG NUMBER of the SIM CARD # into their global roaming systems.

You need to call VZW Global Support and open the back of your phone, remove the battery and pull the SIM card out. 

On the back of the Vodafone-VZW 3G roaming SIM card is a #. 

RELAY THAT *EXACT* NUMBER to the VZW CS agent and they will make sure the EXACT NUMBER is in the systems.

When you activate the global roaming service the ORIGINAL NUMBER OF THE ORIGINAL ONE SHIPPED IN THE MANUFACTURED BOX IS INCLUDED.

IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DIDN"T USE THAT ONE AND GOT A NEW 3G ROAMING SIM (INTERNATIONAL) FROM VZW YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SIM CARD IMSI # UPDATED WITH VZW CS!

0 Likes
Estomel
I have a droid incredible 2. I purchased an international calling plan before I left for europe. I cannot get my phone to make/take international calls in Barcelona. Getting pretty frustrated.
0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is really stupid, but my understanding is purchasing an international plan, DOES NOT automatically activate international services on the phone.

pcs
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is stupid indeed. I had to make an expensive land-line telephone call to Verizon tech support who were very helpful, and was able to set up one cell phone and then use the free call to tech support on that phone to fix my wife's phone. They needed to get the number of the SIM card on each phone, do a few computer programming things, and it has worked well for the rest of the trip. But I truly resent having had to pay about $12 over and above the service just to get it activitated when I arrived in Paris.

0 Likes