help, can not receive calls or text but can call out
jodesity1

I can not receive calls or text messages on my phone. And I can not send any text messages. Message says I do not wish to receive text/call right now. I CAN call out though. I have the $50 unlmited plan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help, can not receive calls or text but can call out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jodesity1,

Having consistent and reliable wireless service is, has, and always will be one of the elements that’s at the forefront of our business. As your wireless service provider, we want you to ensure that you are able to enjoy all of the wireless services that you are subscribed to. May I ask what make and model phone do you have? Also, what city, state, and zip code are you in? I want to troubleshoot your issue into two parts.

For the text messaging, try erasing all of your old texts, reboot, and retest. Also, I would recommend checking your setting to ensure that you don’t have a text block in the menu that may be active. Of course this suggestion is dependent on what model phone that you have. As far as not being able to receive calls, try calling *73 and send to deactivate call forwarding. In some cases, I’ve noticed that this feature has been activated by mistake. Once you have done so, power cycle the phone and test with an incoming call. Once you have done so, please reply with your findings as I am eager to know the results.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: help, can not receive calls or text but can call out
tonidoll

I'm having a similar problem with my pantech hotshot. Had it only 4 days.  Would this action possibly help it?  Thanks. Very frustrating.  90 yr. old father gets worried when he cannot get me...

0 Likes