how do I download (archive to pc) text messages on basic flip phone?
Mon_Frere

I have a basic flip phone (LG 530). How do I save text messages to SD the card or save in phone's internal memory? -- One would think that messages I have opened would have a copy residing on my local phone. ?? -- I am not an apps or games user. Keep it simple! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I download (archive to pc) text messages on basic flip phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the importance of saving your text messages Mon_Frere.  I was unable to locate your phone in our system. When you view a text message do you have a option to choose the menu on your device? Does your phone have a memory card slot?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You cannot save text messages on a basic phone. You would need a smartphone and use the app. You can always lock the message on your phone if it's that important but if you get a new phone it won't transfer over.

Best wishes

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could forward them to your e-mail (athough it could get pricey if you don't have a text plan and do have a lot of texts).  Another option is to use bitpim software:

Welcome to BitPim

Snn5
Legend

It is possible, but takes a little effort.  You can save to a SIM, but the backing up part is a little more involved. Archiving Cell Phone Text Messages | The Signal: Digital Preservation

0 Likes