how do I get out of a group text on a Cosmos 3 phone?
sga0865

I got stuck in a group message and I don't want to keep getting all of these reply texts but I don't know how to get out of the group text.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I get out of a group text on a Cosmos 3 phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning sga0865! I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Have you deleted the conversation completely on your phone yet? There really isn't a way to opt out of the group message on that phone model. Unless you want to block the numbers in the group from contacting you. You can do that through My Verizon at no charge for 90 days here http://vz.to/1Krmu1c. I am sure that will help!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning sga0865! I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Have you deleted the conversation completely on your phone yet? There really isn't a way to opt out of the group message on that phone model. Unless you want to block the numbers in the group from contacting you. You can do that through My Verizon at no charge for 90 days here http://vz.to/1Krmu1c. I am sure that will help!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'd love to know this as well on a smartphone.  But, there isn't a method.  Even deleting the conversation...if the original group sender sends another one or anyone replies..it starts again.  I usually just send the leader a message to remove me from the rest and only send me an individual message.  Not that it does any good because as soon as someone responds to anything I get another message because that person responded to the group that my number was a part of.  Only other thing I know to do is to send a reply-all message to remove my number from their replies.  It's a mess and generally more trouble to do that than to just let it keep going.  It'll stop eventually.

0 Likes