Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
how do I move contacts from a basic phone
rayandrona

how do I move contacts from a basic phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I move contacts from a basic phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you want to move them to a new phone?  What phone are the contacts on now? 

Check in your MyVerizon account and see if the contacts are available to view at My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless  Once logged in, go to My Devices, the My Cloud Media and Contacts.  If the contacts are there, they can be restored to your new device.  If they are not there, then you should be prompted to back up - just follow the prompts to get the contacts backed up so they can then be transferred to a different phone.

0 Likes
Re: how do I move contacts from a basic phone
JKTX

You can't.  However, you can spend hours in a pointless loop trying to access Backup Assistant and getting redirected to signup for some cloud nonsense that doesn't work with basic phones.  One of the reasons I'm porting out.

0 Likes