how do i setup a mobile hotspot on samsung convoy 3?

have a Samsung convoy 3. want to tether to my pc for internet usage. how do I set it up? thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i setup a mobile hotspot on samsung convoy 3?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

That's a basic phone so you can't tether or use mhs.  You could add a line to get a jet pack for that or upgrade to smart phone and with more everything plan mhs comes free

0 Likes

will be upgrading to a smart phone. However, the specs on the Samsung convoy 3 says the it is capable of a mobile hotspot??

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Where are you seeing these specs? I haven't seen a basic phone do mhs

0 Likes

on the Verizon wireless website. when you compare devices,  the Samsung convoy 3 to other phones, open the specs. it states that the convoy 3 is mobile hotspot capable but not Wifi. have a USB cable to connect to the laptop. thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

on the Verizon wireless website. when you compare devices,  the Samsung convoy 3 to other phones, open the specs. it states that the convoy 3 is mobile hotspot capable but not Wifi. have a USB cable to connect to the laptop. thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I see it.See if you can add the feature . If it is even possible they'll be a charge I'm sure

0 Likes
edron46

I am thinking about buying this phone, and would like to know the answer to this as well.

From what I see, you need Verizon Access Manager on your PC to start with:

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

There seem to be step by step instructions here:

VZAccess Manager Interactive "How To" Simulator

I don't know if you can connect by USB or Bluetooth.  I don't think wireless is an option since it looks like the Convoy 3 doesn't have wifi capabilities.

Please let me know if this helps and you can make any headway on this.  Please also tell us what operating system your PC is using, i.e. Windows XP, 7, 8, or 8.1

Thanks!

0 Likes