how do i turn off the function of the phone reading what is on the screen to me
KENNIT3

My phone reads everything to me that shows up on screen.  How do I switch that off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i turn off the function of the phone reading what is on the screen to me
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you turn on an accessibility setting? Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: how do i turn off the function of the phone reading what is on the screen to me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Ann154, I truly appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members. 

Making sure your phone is functioning the way you want is a must, and we are always here to help, KENNIT3. I can certainly understand you not wanting the phone to read out the things that appear on the screen.

What phone model do you have? When did your phone start doing this? You say that it reads out everything that appears on the screen. Can you provide examples of what it is reading out? (Text messages, email, alerts, voicemail, etc.) Does this happen even when the phone screen is locked? 

Once we have these additional details we will be able to better assist.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes