sumoovr

how to turn off predictive text on pantech hotshot

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to turn off predictive text on pantech hotshot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sumoovr,

The Pantech Hotshot is a great phone for texting! I know that the text prediction feature can create dissatisfaction at times. Here are the steps to turn off this feature:

From your home screen click Messaging>>new message>> then hold down the settings button located second from the left at the bottom>>Un-check XT9 from the list.

I trust this information will prove helpful in resolving your concerns. Please let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks,

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sumoovr

This sequence you list is not the same on my phone.

There is no option to check top opt out of XT9. See below:

My Home Screen

Screen after pressing Message:

Screen after pressing New Message: There is no Settings key offered here

If I press More instead of New Message

I get this screen with a Settings button:

After pressing Settings I get this screen: (full screen is shown in 3 photos)

I don't see anywhere to opt out of XT9. Please HELP!

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

Hi Sumoovr,

The Pantech Hotshot is a great phone for texting! I know that the text prediction feature can create dissatisfaction at times. Here are the steps to turn off this feature:

From your home screen click Messaging>>new message>> then hold down the settings button located second from the left at the bottom>>Un-check XT9 from the list.

I trust this information will prove helpful in resolving your concerns. Please let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks,

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Basic Phones by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

>

0 Likes
Dana_M_Treaster

Go to settings - language - pantech keyboard - show suggestions.. check that off.

Also under language in the same general area - you may have to uncheck the default (swift key) and choose the "pantech keyboard"

I don't work for Verizon.. just figured this out for me and you today. Hope it makes your texting life better!

Best,

DMT

0 Likes