how to unlock deactivated phone?
phonekb

I have a LG Cosmos that is no longer on a phone plan. I would like to give it to a friend of mine, but I forgot the lock code. How can I reset the phone,before I give it to my friend?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to unlock deactivated phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phonekb,
Help is here. I know you are wanting to wipe the handheld before you give your friend the phone. Unfortunately, without knowing the unlock code it cannot be done.  I would still give it your friend. As soon as they activate the phone on the line the unlock code will default to the last 4 of the new telephone number. Then they can go in and master reset the device to wipe the phone. I hope this helps.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try using the last four digits of your phone number to unlock it?

0 Likes
phonekb

Yes tried the last 4 digits of the last phone number on the phone and several other possiblities.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Last 4 of telephone number used on that phone.(This one is usually it 95% of the time).

Never the last 4 of social

Unless you changed it then you are going to have to hotwire your brain lol.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phonekb,
Help is here. I know you are wanting to wipe the handheld before you give your friend the phone. Unfortunately, without knowing the unlock code it cannot be done.  I would still give it your friend. As soon as they activate the phone on the line the unlock code will default to the last 4 of the new telephone number. Then they can go in and master reset the device to wipe the phone. I hope this helps.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes