how to upload pictures from Verizon ZTE
ScottL33

Hello, I have a Verizon ZTE.  I think the model is R109.  I am trying to figure out how to upload pictures from it to a PC.

I am using the same USB to phone device that I use for charging the phone.  Every time I do this the phone goes into charging mode.  I'm trying to get it to go into upload images mode.  (I only see one possible port for the USB to phone cable, and that is the one used for charging.)

I  have installed 'Join Me' on my PC.  I click "connect" at the top menu.  It never connects to the phone.  I always get this message: Cannot connect to phone. 1. Make sure USB lead is properly connected. 2. Switch phone off and on again. 3. Reinstall the drivers in Device Manager.

I have reinstalled Join Me multiple times and I can never connect to the phone.  Also, I have tried to send myself a picture message, using the email on my account (which I entered into my contacts) and it was never received.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to upload pictures from a Verizon ZTE R109?  How did you do it?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to upload pictures from Verizon ZTE
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Oh, I see, Join Me must be the ZTE software. Try this: While the phone is connected via USB, go to Computer > Hardware ... do you see the phone listed? If so, right-click on the phone name and see what your options are.

Another option is to move your photos to an SD card in the phone (if they're not already saved there). You may have to move each photo separately from phone to card. Then you can remove the card from the phone and insert it into your computer using a media card reader/adapter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ScottL33,

I am just as eager as you to get your pictures uploaded to your computer! I am not able to locate your phone model. Do you chance still have the box or maybe a manual? Does your phone have a memory card installed? If so, you may be able to move the pics to your computer using an SD card reader. Keep us posted.

Thanks, Bobby
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ScottL33

Hi Bobby,

I think I still have the box but can't find it.  I was hoping to go into My Verizon and see if they have the model number, but it is currently down.  When My Verizon comes back up I will get back to you.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Is it the ZTE Adamant (candy bar style global phone with full QWERTY)? Regardless, if you go into Settings on your phone, can you find a menu option that lets you change from charge to USB drive? I don't know what Join Me is, but if you go into Computer on your desktop's lower left corner, does it show up as connected hardware? When you first connect, is there a window in the lower right corner that indicates drivers were installed or are not available?

0 Likes
ScottL33

Hello,

My phone says ZTE on the back of it.  However, according to My Verizon, it is the Adamant:

Verizon Adamant™

Device ID: (removed)

Is it possible to upload pictures from it to a PC?  I still have 'JoinMe' installed but it never recognizes the device.

Thanks,

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ScottL33

Hi SydneyK,

It is the ZTE Adamant.  It shows up as connected hardware for my PC.  When I first connect it to the PC (via the USB to phone cable) I get the Windows AutoPlay dialog.  One choice is to install SetUp.exe, which I already know installs the software application 'JoinMe'.  I am not sure where to look in the lower right corner for driver information.

Thanks!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Oh, I see, Join Me must be the ZTE software. Try this: While the phone is connected via USB, go to Computer > Hardware ... do you see the phone listed? If so, right-click on the phone name and see what your options are.

Another option is to move your photos to an SD card in the phone (if they're not already saved there). You may have to move each photo separately from phone to card. Then you can remove the card from the phone and insert it into your computer using a media card reader/adapter.

0 Likes
ScottL33

Hi SydneyK,

Can you be more specific about what you mean when you write, "go to Computer > Hardware" ?  I go to "computer" from the start menu and it shows various drives, including the one for the phone.  However, when I right-click on the phone it doesn't show any images, just the files needed to install 'JoinMe'.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this information. I want to ensure you're able to get these photos uploaded. You may upload photos through the following instructions;

1. Insert the microSD card into your phone.
2. Connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable.
3. Press the Center Select Key to unlock the phone.
Press the Center Select Key [MENU] > Settings & Tools > Tools > USB Mass Storage.
4. The phone will be in USB mode and you can transfer data between the microSD card and PC.
5. If you want to exit from the USB mode, press the Center Select Key [EXIT].

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes