lg extravert 2
robmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've just started using this phone from Best Buy after having an LG Cosmos 2 for a few weeks (3rd party purchase) that I had to return.  I was amazed to discover that the Extravert 2 does NOT have a document viewer, unlike both the Cosmos 2 and 3, which are nearly identical in terms of other features.  In fact, the viewer would be even more useful on the Extravert since it has a much bigger screen. Why would LG decide to not include a very useful feature on this phone in particular?  I've e-mailed LG to ask whether they might include it in a future software release and I'm hoping Verizon might ask them directly and possibly put some pressure on to upgrade the software.  (I expressed this by phone with Verizon Tech Support.)  I note that the Samsung Brightside has this feature (the Brightside and Extravert seem very similar).  The Brightside also include a means to sync the calendar, which the Extravert does not.  I'm within the 14-day return period and I'd consider making the exchange but CNET doesn't rate the Brightside very well and I'm otherwise happy with the Extravert.

Any other similar sentiments out there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg extravert 2
robmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final follow-up.  I discovered the Samsung Stratosphere II (a lower-tier 4G phone that also has a slider keyboard) to be a better alternative for me and am exchanging the LG Extravert 2.  I like the Extravert's slightly smaller size but found there were too many features missing, including the document reader, wi-fi connectivity and PC sync capability.  I like the Extravert quite a bit otherwise and would recommend for anyone who doesn't want/need the missing functions.  Unfortunately the Stratosphere is being discontinued (I'm getting one of the last available from the Best Buys in this area) but I don't see anything else right now that fits my needs as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
robmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update to the above: LG responded to my inquiry saying that Verizon determines the phone specs (features), not LG.  I have passed this on to Verizon who indicated that the concern is being passed on to a product analyst for review.

0 Likes
robmar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Final follow-up.  I discovered the Samsung Stratosphere II (a lower-tier 4G phone that also has a slider keyboard) to be a better alternative for me and am exchanging the LG Extravert 2.  I like the Extravert's slightly smaller size but found there were too many features missing, including the document reader, wi-fi connectivity and PC sync capability.  I like the Extravert quite a bit otherwise and would recommend for anyone who doesn't want/need the missing functions.  Unfortunately the Stratosphere is being discontinued (I'm getting one of the last available from the Best Buys in this area) but I don't see anything else right now that fits my needs as well.

0 Likes