lg extravert
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

recently my phone has been acting up and is not able to receive text messages...i can send but not receive. in order to receive to do a temporary fix i had to do a reset by pulling out my battery. then all the sudden the text messages that people had been sending me the past 3 days finally came through all at once. has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did you fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg extravert
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try reprogramming the phone. Dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

buzzeswoman2008 wrote:

recently my phone has been acting up and is not able to receive text messages...i can send but not receive. in order to receive to do a temporary fix i had to do a reset by pulling out my battery. then all the sudden the text messages that people had been sending me the past 3 days finally came through all at once. has anyone else had this problem? and if so how did you fix it?

Sometimes this can happen if you have a lot of text messages stored on the phone - try to keep the number on the phone to a minimum by deleting after your conversation is done.

And a battery pull every few days won't hurt and will help to keep the phone from glitching....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you SuzyQ and Ann154 for assisting buzzeswoman2008. Your suggestions are very helpful! buzzeswoman2008, if the issue persists with your text messages please send me a private message with your name and mobile number. I will then contact you to fix this issue!

Thank you,

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes