looking for device drivers so i can transfer pics
shykat

i have a pay as you go pantech caper, i want to directly connect it to my samsung rv711 laptop running windows 7. at this particular moment, i have been unsuccessful in finding the correct driver. tooled around the support pages, found nothing. tooled around on the web and found lots of downloads loaded with adware, malware, etc, etc... all i want to do is transfer pics to my laptop. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: looking for device drivers so i can transfer pics
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I know with my lg phones lg always had the drivers on their site so did you check the makers site or email them about drivers?  That is where I would start.  Mary

0 Likes
shykat

I thought I had posted that part... I contacted both pan tech and Samsung

and got folks that had no clue. Also sent emails to both... I'm stuck..

On Sep 8, 2012 12:14 PM, "Mary Beaumariage" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe not all phones have drivers to be hooked to the computer.  I know my ENV3 came with the cable to do it but I never got it work but it didn't matter as I just send them one by one as a picture text to my email.  I know I have heard people talk about bitpim working so google for that and try it.  If that phone has a micro card slot that works good too.  Mary

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Well I don't see drivers on the pantech site and according to this post there are none so thing you are out of luck unless you have texting as it seems no card slot either?  Mary  http://androidforums.com/lounge/479604-drivers-vzw-pantech-caper-pre-paid-phone.html

0 Likes
Screiver

I just got off the phone with Pantech

They say their phones act as USB devices, so need no software to transfer photos, files, and videos from the phone to the computer.  This doesn't help, as my PC with Windows Vista won't find the phone on E drive.  Can anyone help me around this impasse?  I had no trouble using my LG.

0 Likes
shykat

i ended up getting multiple replies from verizon, pantech and a few other

folks... all said the same thing. the pantech caper does not support file

transfer via usb. if you want to transfer anything to/from, you must use

bluetooth. i tried it and it works... kindof a pain if you have a lot to

transfer but for the occasional file, it'll do...

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

So if your desktop or laptop does not have bluetooth then you can't transfer unless of course your have texting and send them as text to your email?  Mary

0 Likes
shykat

texting or emailing the pic's were the first 2 work arounds that were told

to me... after pressing for a "real" answer, i was finally told that the

caper does not support usb (other than for charging) and that my only other

option was to use bluetooth...

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Mary Beaumariage <

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I always send mine to email by text and it works fine but my phone also has a micro memory card but most times even if it's a lot of photos I don't take the memory card out, afraid it will fling some where as I did that once and took me a day to find it in brown carpeting.  I figure texting to email is easier than spending and hour trying to get the computer to recognize the phone.  I have the drivers for my phone and it still doesn't work so I gave up on that long ago.  Mary

0 Likes