motorola barrage backup assistant resetting
dgrusing

I have recently purchased a used Motorola barrage with back up assistant installed under a previous number. Need to know how to delete it and reinstall it under my current phone number, I get a message everynight at midnight telling me I need to do this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: motorola barrage backup assistant resetting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, dgrusing!
We've got you covered! You should go through the settings in order to get BackUp Assistant removed Select Get It Now from the handset menu.
Select Get Info.
Select Settings.
Select Manage Apps / Options.
Select the application to be removed.
Select Remove or Cancel Subscription.
Select Yes.

Once you have done that, you can set it up again with your number.
http://bit.ly/OwsVcd

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ehendricks

how do i get to get info

0 Likes
dgrusing

I am unable to find an option for " get it now " in any of the choises from the main menu on the handset. Need some guidance?

0 Likes
Cougrrcj

Same thing here!  Please help!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Cougrrcj and every one! In the menu, it will be "Media Center", then "Browse and Download" as @tikibar1 pointed out. I apologize for any confusion. Keep us posted if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dgrusing

Not sure what phone your looking at but once again my motorola barrage has no get info option in the browse and download. 

Sent from Samsung tablet

0 Likes
icarus

I have been bugged by this issue too for a couple of months. After stumbling across this post today, I called in to VZ Wireless support. I have been to two different stores trying to get this fixed, but no-one offered this solution.

It's not possible to delete the Backup Assistant yourself using the software on the Motorola Barrage handset.

During my call today, I was transferred to VZ Wireless Tier-2 Support, who provided the following resolution:

1.  This requires a visit to a VZ Wireless "bricks & mortar" location.

2.  Before going, call the VZ Wireless location and verify that they have a "Cell-Brite" machine.

3.  At the store, VZ will back-up your phone onto the Cell-Brite.

4.  VZ will flush your phone back to factory default settings, then reload your phone data. The flush removes all Apps as well as contacts and settings.

5.  Then the Backup Assistant App can be downloaded and re-installed, and you should be good to go.

0 Likes
Xandur2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went thru the process of trying to get Backup Assistant to work as well. Verizon Customer support did not know how to help with resetting BA w/o going to an actual location. But I did find this on their site: https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless.com/vzwsvc/usc/tsguide.action?deviceId=5028 I think you have to be logged in to access; I'm unsure about that.

>Contact and Media Sync / Transfer

>Backup Assistant

>Reset Backup Assistant

>Alternate Method (I've shown the steps below)

>>Go to Media Center

>>Browse & Download
>>Backup Assistant

>>Help

>>Enter: *73738# (nothing will show up on the screen but it'll go back to the menu from here)

>>Go back into Backup Assistant

>>Ok

>>It'll have you setup your newly resetted Backup Assistant.

Woohoo! I did these steps, and it did work for me. Though I was totally skeptical that It would work.