my phone is missing. can it be tracked with gps?
Hooray
Enthusiast - Level 1

my phone is missing. can it be tracked with gps?

Labels (1)
Re: my phone is missing. can it be tracked with gps?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends - which phone is it?  Since you posted in the Basic phones section, I will assume it's a "basic" phone, so the answer is likely "no".  You need to have an app installed, and running at the time the phone goes missing to track it via GPS.  The phone has to be on to locate it as well.  Since basic phones don't run "apps" per se, and not all are GPS capable, I'd say it's not likely you'll be able to find it via GPS.

0 Likes
tlc1009

I have a droid Bionic.  I lost it too.  How do I find it with gps?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you didn't have tracking software installed on your phone, go to Google Play and search for Plan B...you can remotely install it on your phone.

0 Likes
tlc1009

It's telling me my phone isn't compatible?? I can't understand why? It's

a good phone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just saw that Plan B has recently received an update and now is only compatible with phones running 2.0 - 2.3 versions of Android.     So at this point I would say that your only option is to log into your on-line MyVerizon account and suspend the line.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since it appears Plan B will not work, you could try installing "Android Lost" from the Play Store. It may be able to help you out.

tlc1009

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

rcschnoor wrote:

Since it appears Plan B will not work, you could try installing "Android Lost" from the Play Store. It may be able to help you out.

nice find! i always thought plan b was the only one capable of remote installation.

0 Likes