my phone is not showing me that I have voicemails, I have to check it everyday to see if I have voicemail & the icon is not showing up
Icewolf3874

I have a lg revere cell phone & I'm having problems not getting my voicemails. The voicemail icon is not showing up & would like to know why it's not showing up on my screen. Please need help getting the voicemail icon to come on everytime I get a voicemail

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my phone is not showing me that I have voicemails, I have to check it everyday to see if I have voicemail & the icon is not showing up
Not applicable

Icewolf3874,

Good afternoon! I'm sorry you are not receiving voicemail, I would love to help out. I want to clarify if this is an issue where the voicemail's are not being delivered to your device at all? Or you do not receive the notification for them, but they still exist if you dial *86 like normal? If it is the latter, please dial into your voicemail and ensure "Message Waiting Indicator" is set to 'ON'. This is the most common reason why notifications do not appear on the screen. If you see that the notifications are still not appearing on the screen, or the voicemail messages are not delivered to your device at all, please send me a direct message for further support.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: my phone is not showing me that I have voicemails, I have to check it everyday to see if I have voicemail & the icon is not showing up
craneclan2

Adam,

I am not receiving notifications for voice mails that I have received. I tried your suggestion for turning on the "Message Waiting Indicator" on to no avail. I have a brand new Razr Maxx that I love but need this little glitch fixed. Any other suggestions?

craneclan2

0 Likes
thisisbananas

I've had this problem on my LG Revolution (amongst other MAJOR issues) since at least last October. I went into the store, the rep couldn't figure it out, called the service line, talked to "Luke," and apparently he couldn't fix it either. He said he did everything he could to "refresh" the phone. The only option they left me with was their default - to factory reset, which doesn't fix the problem, either. I would love these issues to be solved.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning craneclan2 and thisisbananas.

I'm sorry the Voice Mail indicator isn't working for you.  I can only imagine how inconvenient it can be not to know you may have an important or urgent message.  Do you both use the default Voice Mail feature, or a different Voice Mail app?  (Or Visual Voice Mail?)  If the default app, we can try removing the voice mail feature, and then re-adding it.  If another app, you can remove it manually, and then try default VZW voice mail.  You can also try placing phone(s) in Safe Mode to see if a 3rd party app could be causing the indicator not to appear. 

Razr Maxx- Safe Mode

Revolution- Safe Mode

If the Message Waiting Notification still does not work, please follow me and send me a Direct Message, and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes