no voicemail notifications since update
x02100sks
Enthusiast - Level 2

My voicemail account was updated last year (2017).  Since the update the phone no longer receives voicemail notifications.  New voicemails arrive in my box, but I don't receive any notification on the phone.  I already tried the troubleshooter, nothing worked.  When I call my voicemail, there is no option under the personal settings to turn on/off notifications.

Phone is a Verizon Cosmos 3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no voicemail notifications since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

x02100sks It really is nice to receive alerts that you have a voicemail. We understand you have completed some troubleshooting, please share the steps you have taken so far.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
x02100sks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed all the steps in the troubleshooting guide online.

However, one of the last steps states to verify that notifications are turned on in the voicemail account.  When I access the personal settings on my voicemail, there is no option to turn on/off notifications.  The only options relate to changing my passcode and my message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

x02100sks-

I certainly realize the importance of receiving voicemail notifications on your phone. Can you please confirm if it is the notification message that is on your screen or the voicemail icon that's on the top corner that is not showing for you? Does this happen in one specific location or everywhere you go?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
x02100sks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing shows up at all- I do not receive a notification message, I do not get the voicemail icon; if I go to the voicemail selection under messaging it says "no new voicemail" whether there is voicemail or not.

This happens everywhere, all the time.  Ever since the update/upgrade my phone receives no voicemail notifications AT ALL.

The voicemail number *86 still works properly and I still receive voicemails in my in box, but there is no notification of any sort on my phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how unsettling this has been for you, x02100sks. I know I would feel discouraged if I was unable to get my voicemail working again. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've completed. I know you said your device went through an update, did you dial *228 to reprogram your device for this update? Have you tried to dial *73 on the device to ensure call forwarding was disabled?

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Candijet
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same issues for me.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes