phone goes back in time and date
1thatcollects

My Convoy 2 phone goes back in time from jul 20 2017 back to dec 17 1997 and the time goes back an hour. What is causing this problem? The phone is on a no data plan. I tried to connect to my computer and do a software update but it won't for whatever reason.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone goes back in time and date
DWILLI10

I am experiencing the same problem

0 Likes
abneydixon

I have a gusto 3 very simple basic phone and I just spent the last 2 and a half hours on chat with a very nice person(Michael) who tried everything including updating the software (which changed the date and time for a minute then it went back to dec 1997) then tried a phone rep who just shafted me with turn it off for a few minutes then turn it back on and I'll call you back to see if that worked. Not and no return call.  You can try the update software and see if it works better for you (try setting>phone info>software update). I'm beginning to think this is verizon's way to get me to get a smart phone which I really dont have a need for at this time.

Good luck and if you find out any other tricks to try let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1thatcollects, we want to make sure your phone is displaying the correct time and date. When you try doing a software update through your computer, do you receive an error message? Have you tried checking for an update through the phone?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes