port number to new provider
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are SICK of Verizon's Bologna. It is time for us to take the prepaid phone we have and move to another provider, however they are telling us that Verizon will not release the Prepaid number to be ported. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: port number to new provider
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy:

• We do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
  • We do not lock our 3G Prepaid devices, other than our 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones, and the simple code to program such 3G Prepaid devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone, or (888)294-6804, for assistance.
  • Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for six months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After six months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. After 12 months, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone, or (888)294-6804, and we will provide you with the programming code so that you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.

I would think that the number could not be released until perhaps this min term was completed with the device.  Could be wrong.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy:

• We do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
  • We do not lock our 3G Prepaid devices, other than our 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones, and the simple code to program such 3G Prepaid devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone, or (888)294-6804, for assistance.
  • Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for six months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After six months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. After 12 months, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone, or (888)294-6804, and we will provide you with the programming code so that you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, we can help you with that as well.

I would think that the number could not be released until perhaps this min term was completed with the device.  Could be wrong.

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, we've had the phone for nearly 3 years so I think that is long enough, It is also a PREPAID so there should be no minimum. But at 3 years we are safe I think. Any other thoughts?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any outstanding bills or fees?  I know that Verizon has virtually no restrictions are porting in, but they do have a FAQ page.  i wonder if your new carrier has a FAQ page that can answer anything from their side.

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

No outstanding fees. It is, as I aid repeatedly a prepaid. We actually have over $100.00 in credit.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

DonnaNolanWilson wrote:

however they are telling us that Verizon will not release the Prepaid number to be ported.

Who is "they?" and who is the new provider?

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

They would be the new service provider. Which is Republic. I also checked Sprint and got the same response that the number can NOT be ported.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I saw in a Verizon FAQ that "in some instances numbers cannot be ported."  BUT, I never found a list of those instances.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Depending on your area, the area code, or if you were part of a company that verizon purchased or had to sell cellular spectrum from, could prevent the port. It is ultimately up to the carrier if they wanna let their number go to another provider. My suggestion is if you wanna leave that bad is to get a new number.

DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point I would be willing to pay Verizon to give me the number. How ridiculous is that?

0 Likes