printing text messages
daroper66
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I print text messages from a "dumb phone" ? If I forward them to email it does not include the sender and receiver information; only, the actual text message. I need it to show the text message info as well as the text. please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: printing text messages
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately, there's no way for you to do that.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried bitpim software?

http://www.bitpim.org/

0 Likes
daroper66
Enthusiast - Level 1

bitpim did not support my specific device. I have a Verizon Samsung U365 and it doesn't have that model in the phone wizard. even when i tried to connect via direct usb cable it failed to access my phone and files. any other program ideas ?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo.  I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daroper66,

I am sorry to hear forwarding your messages to an email isn't working, but you may want to try our vtext option as it may be compatible with your basic phone. Keep in mind this would only work for future text messages not old ones. What kind of basic device do you have? Please let us know if this resolves your concerns.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

daroper66 wrote:

bitpim did not support my specific device. I have a Verizon Samsung U365 and it doesn't have that model in the phone wizard. even when i tried to connect via direct usb cable it failed to access my phone and files. any other program ideas ?

You may want to try different, similar phones with bitpim.  We had an LG 5xxx (don't remember the exact model) and it wasn't listed, but we tried models on either side of it, and one of them did work to allow us to see the files on the phone and transfer them to our computer. 

The U365 is a Gusto 2?  I believe, so try the Gusto U360), or possibly even the Smooth (U350).