random invalid pin message
Brenda_chase

I've been getting an error message on my prepaid Samsung Intensity (II?) in the middle of the night.  It says "you have entered an invalid pin...."  I haven't even touched the darn thing!  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: random invalid pin message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help you figure this out Brenda_chase!

It sounds like your Backup Assistant PIN is not entering correctly. Please go to backup assistant, and change the PIN number. This should correct the error.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mlmeyers53

I have this exact same problem. I've been getting this message forever and usually in the middle of the night as well.Of course i cannot reset my pin as i would need a valid pin to do so. I've tried the "forgot my pin" option but I always get a text informing me that my new temporary pin is .... wait for it... the EXACT same pin# that I've been entering all along. I have even called tech support and they changed the pin for me. However the new pin they gave me dosen't work either and i get the dreaded "you have entered an invalid pin" message once again. I am about to activate a new phone and if I have to enter all my contacts manually I will be returning it as well. This is VERY annoying!

0 Likes
Daaada1414

I am

Having the same issue, I've changed the pin and it still won't take either the original or the new pin which is preventing me from transferring my contact list to new device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daaada1414,

This is quite interesting! If the issue is persisting even after updating the pin we can attempt to reset the Backup Assistant application and retest. That can be seen here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16286/. If the issues persist after this reset, our next step would be to reset the device completely back to factory defaults.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes