receiving same text over and over
pmorris

My phone keeps receiving the same text(s) over and over and then rebooting. I can't even turn the phone off. I have to take the battery out and put it back in. Sometimes I receive the text 25 times or more! How do I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: receiving same text over and over
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try dialing *228 and choose option 1 to reset the network connection - removing the battery would be another suggestion but it seems you have already done that.

If the *228 doesn't help, call or go in to a store and have CS check the texting provisioning on your account to be sure it is set up properly. 

0 Likes
snarker

My phone has this issue too and you can't make any phone calls when it is having its "panic attack", as I like to call it. The phone just keeps rebooting and re-receiving the text until it feels like stopping, no matter what actions I take to fix it. So, calling *228 is not an option as the phone will just reboot the moment the call connects.

When I dropped by my local store they told me to replace my phone as it was still under warranty and the replacement phone does the same thing. It has gotten to the point that if I receive a text while I am on the phone, it will drop the call to reboot and then do its thing for up to 2 hours before I can call or text the person I was on the phone with to apologize.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be fantastic.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Pmorris and snarker, thank you for sharing your concerns with your devices. I would certainly like to assist to try to resolve this issue you are having with SMS and your phone rebooting. First, what phones do you have? Do you only notice this happen if you receive a text while you are connected to a call? Does this happen everytime? Does the phone continue to reboot after removing the battery and putting it back in?

Please let me know those answers so that I can further assist. Thanks!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pollix11
Contributor - Level 1

You might try changing your Number through My Verizon. I know it is a drastic step, or for that matter, you could view your usage details and determine the number that the text is coming from and then block that number through My Verizon. Just a few thoughts, no Idea if they will help but I hope so.

Good Luck!:)

0 Likes