retreiving text messages
pizzalady22

How long does Verizon actually keep text message content? The website says up to 10 days with a subpeona but a customer service rep. said up to a year with a subpeona- which one is it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: retreiving text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a very good question, pizzalady22. I can definitely tell you that it isn't a year though. The actual amount of time text content is saved will all depend on you. If you use Verizon Messages, your syncronized message content is viewable at www.vzw.com/verizonmessages for up to 90 days without the need of a subpeona. But if you delete a text or don't want to use Verizon Messages 9or if you have an incompatible device), then the content is only stored for 3-5 day (never more than 10) before being deleted and would only be able to be obtained with a court order or subpeona.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pizzalady22

Thank you so much for clarifying.  But just to be clear- if you have a subpeona and are requesting text message content that is over apporximately 10 days old- is it available?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to clarify pizzalady22! If you use Verizon Messages, there is no need for a court order as your syncronized message content is viewable at www.vzw.com/verizonmessages for up to 90 days. If you do not use Verizon Messages, content is only stored for 3-5 days in our server and we cannot guarantee that content from 10 days ago would be available.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes