ringer
fantazos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have flip phone LG and after clicking and fiddling with it I lost the ringing of my phone and even that the Volume is high-  my ringer does not ring. What to do to get the sound of my incoming calls ring again?

I know it is very basic, but there is no clarity in the Manual regarding this simple question.

0 Likes
Re: ringer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, Fantazos! We understand the value of hearing your incoming calls, so let's work to restore your ringer volume. For us to take a more in-depth look at this matter, are you able to provide the make and model of your device?

MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
fantazos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only see that it is Verizon LG,no further markings,numbers or symbols. It is most basic flip phone I could find.One would expect that Ringer should be an item on top of the Menu,but it is not even included.It may be naive to expect that  but that simple and utmost important feature would be figuring prominently in the Menu and in the Manual. I think it is rather mysterious omission,or I don't know how to read.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fantazos, can you please remove the back cover off your phone and then remove the battery. The model number for your phone will be listed in there. Please provide us with the model number. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
fantazos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you : my Model is LG-UN220

right above it is LG CE I68

0 Likes
fantazos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was asked if I was given an answer to my question and my answer is,lamentably -NO.We went as far as identifying the model of my phone and that is where we are stuck.I have not been given an answer.Question seems simple ,but apparently it requires time and further studies to provide a good answer.My question is "how one turns the Ringer on and off?. Not how to increase Volume,but an "on and off" function.That,mysteriously is not included in your manual.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fantazos, thank you so much for providing me with this information. Quickly deactivate your phone’s sounds when you’re in a place where phone sounds would be disruptive. From standby mode with the flip open, press and hold the Volume down key. To return to normal sounds mode, press and hold the Volume up key. For more support on this device, check out this link from LG https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LGUN220.AUCLSV KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fantazos, our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information. Please keep in mind that not all phones have an actual Volume Off and On function. A lot of phones just require turning the Volume Down button all the way down. Or you can swipe up or down on your phone screen to get the quick menu to turn the volume down from there. It really depends on the type of phone you have. The model number you provided is really not giving us enough information. Is this a LG K40?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this your phone model? Have you checked the user manual for an answer to your question? 

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-UN220-lg-wine

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-LGUN220.AUCLSV

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes