samsung Brightside bluetooth will not hang up calls?
dthewke

My brightside (and my wife's) both pair fine with the handsfreelink in my 2013 Santa Fe, but we can not end a call by pressing the hang up button on the steering wheel or nav screen.   We have the same problem with the phones in her 2011 Honda Accord.  According to Hyundai web site the Brightside HUC function works fine with their handsfree link.  Anyone else have this problem.  Any fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung Brightside bluetooth will not hang up calls?
cag1957

I have the exact same problem in my Sonata. It will not hang up from the steering wheel or nav screen either much of the time, but sometimes it will. When it doesn't, which is a daily problem, I have to dig in my purse while driving, find it, and hit the hang up button. It concerns me because it keeps the line open and you can hear all the sounds in the other person's home or car. If they're not in a noisy environment, the call stays on and costs you extra minutes. They really need to fix this! The other person can't end the call either, you have to find the phone that made the call first and do it manually from your end. This could result in privacy problems for the person who is not a Verizon customer.

0 Likes
cag1957

So it does not work fine with Hyundai either.

0 Likes
Nickyboy57

I have this exact issue on my 2010 Chrysler 300.  I have to hit the end key on the phone and then it hangs up. My other phones had always worked perfectly.  Besides this I really like the brightside, I hope they can fix this with a software update.

0 Likes
Nickyboy57

Can someone from Verizon comment on this or do we have to take this up with Samsung?  This can be a safety issue when using this in a car "hands free".

0 Likes
cag1957

Well, I have been in contact with Verizon via email. First they suggested trying to pair the phone again which I've already done several times, but it didn't work. The person said that they felt it was a car issue and not the phone, but that sounds unlikely since all of us have cars made by different manufactures.  This car's bluetooth has previously worked with my other cell phones so in the next email they suggested I contact the manufacturer for any software updates but Hyundai says their system is already compatible with the Samsung Brightside. I will email Verizon a third time.

0 Likes
Nickyboy4

This is without a doubt a phone issue.  I have tested 3 other phones in my car and this is the only one with the issue.

I think we may have to take this up with Samsung but you would think Verizon would want to do that since this can be a safety issue.

0 Likes
jlc2012

I, too, am having this issue in a 2012 Focus.  Sounds like it is most definitely the phone and not the car.  My last Samsung phone worked w/ the car just fine; not so much with this phone. Unacceptable!  Huge safety concern, because I've had to dig around in my purse to find the phone to end the call as well.  I wonder if hanging up would even work on a bluetooth earpiece...

0 Likes
Nickyboy4

I have sent a complaint e mail to Samsung support.  I think it would be good if others do so also if we ever want to see this issue fixed with a software update.

I also wish someone from Verizon, who does read these boards to comment here!

0 Likes
Nickyboy4

cag1957,  Did you ever get anywhere with Verizon?

0 Likes