samsung alias 2 - no cdma service available
wytche1

i put a discussion on here the other day but cannot locate it. i have a samsung alias 2 and have been with vzw for many years. I have had an active upgrade status since 2012 but have not used it. I have a 700 min plan with unlimited texts for @ $30/mth. last week my phone started acting up - icon shows searching for service. when i send a text msg it asks if i want to send when digital service is available and when I try to make a call it tells me no cdma service available and I receive no texts or calls. when I go 3 miles down the street all my messages start coming thru, then when I go somewhere else nothing again. depends where I travel to (all local) this is intermittent. went to vzw store and it was working then so they couldn't help. was on phone with tech support for over an hour trying this and that, no luck. everyone keeps saying I need a new phone.  problem is I been reading these forums and apparently there are a lot of people having the same issue and some of them have new phones but old contracts that offer more for less, others have not upgraded in a long time.  they have stated that when service kicks in it is usually from another carrier. is this some Verizon trick to get me to buy a new phone or change my plan? I am not happy. this inconvenience is affecting my business. I am not rich and can't really afford upgraded luxuries.  besides that, my largest complaint with vzw ever is every time I made some sort of change to a plan my bill would be screwed up for months. I NEED SOMEONE TO FIX THIS ISSUE NOW. many other customers have considered a lawsuit. I don't wanna do that, I just want my service back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung alias 2 - no cdma service available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wytche1, we want nothing more then for you to have depndable service. We are here to help. What is your zip code or codes that you are having difficutles with? Is this indoors or outdoors?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wytche1

my zip code is 19702, indoors or outdoors doesn't matter.  phone doesn't work anywhere except in sporadic areas. if I go 3 miles down the road I have service in one parking lot but as soon as I pull out onto the road again no service. this has happened in the zip codes of 19711, 19720 and 21923. if  u check my minutes you will see I have not used any. I've gone to that parking lot just to check text msgs. I spent more than an hour on the phone more than once with a rep walking me thru trying this and that then saying I need a new phone. how come I don't need one in that parking lot? I don't want a new phone and don't want to change my plan. I just want VZ to restore the cdma network to my phone.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

"I spent more than an hour on the phone more than once with a rep walking me thru trying this and that then saying I need a new phone. how come I don't need one in that parking lot?"

An issue like that could occur due to a technical issue with your phone causing degraded service. For example your phone's internal antenna could only be picking up certain frequency or strength signals due to age, normal wear & tear or damage. It definitely has symptoms of a network issue, but if it was the issue would be affecting hundreds or thousands of customers and then Verizon would know about it, and fix it fairly quick as many would contact them to report the issue in that area. When looking at network complaints on this board prior to yours for that zip code the last service complaint was from July 2014, so what you are experiencing is most likely an issue with your device.

You don't have to change your plan, but you may want to shop around a bit for a phone to get the best deal you prefer. Keep in mind if you purchase and try out a new device and it works then you would know for sure either way, and if a new phone doesn't work you'd prove them wrong and you could return the new device.

0 Likes