samsung convoy caller id
mer58

Does anyone know how to get the contact's name to show on screen when they call?  It shows the number now and I don't know all of my contacts' numbers so this could be an inconvenience.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung convoy caller id
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

mer58 wrote:

Does anyone know how to get the contact's name to show on screen when they call?  It shows the number now and I don't know all of my contacts' numbers so this could be an inconvenience.

It should show automatically if the number calling is saved as a contact in your phone. Have you checked the call settings? See if there's anything about that in the settings. I know on some phones the texts won't show the contact name until you open it, but the caller ID should show automatically.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  • Make sure each contact has an area code before their phone number
  • Make sure that the caller ID funtion is not disabled. Go to my verizon-->account actions-->features-->select your phone-->caller ID
0 Likes
mer58

I looked under settings and did not see anything.  The callers are in my contacts list so I would think they would show up.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

mer58 wrote:

I looked under settings and did not see anything.  The callers are in my contacts list so I would think they would show up.

Okay and did you try the myverizon thing that I said to do?

0 Likes
tsimpson

PRESTO! I had the same question, and discovered some of my contact phone numbers did not have the area code. Adding the area code corrected the problem, and now the name shows up when the contact calls!  Thank you for the suggestion!!!

0 Likes
PegM_4

I didn't have a lot of confidence in this as some of my contacts did show the name and they didn't have the area code in front of them, but when I added it to the ones that didn't how the name, it fixed my issue and I can now see names for my calls.  Thank you.

0 Likes