Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsung reality vs sch u 370?
archeryhunter19931

I am looking into buying either the samsung reality or the sch u 370. i know they are both realitys, but the original reality still requires a data package by verizon doesnt it? i know the sch u 370 doesnt require a data package. Basically what i am asking is, does the original reality ( not the sch u 370) still require a data package from verizon?

Thank you to everyone who has helped!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung reality vs sch u 370?
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AFAIK, it does not require a data plan

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931

How positive are you with your answer?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

99.9%    But I've been wrong before.

The Reality was classified as a multimedia device; all of those devices at one time did require a data plan.  But that class of phones was abolished some time ago and as far as I know, the data plan requirement went away.  However, it may be like the env3 and similar multimedia devices ... to activate it on-line, you may be required to choose a data plan, but once the phone is activated, you can call Customer Service and have them remove the data plan and put a data block on the phone.

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931

alright! i am planning on calling *228 and then option 1. This phone would be for my cousin if we end up getting it so i am just doing some research ahead of time. and her line already has a full data block on it anyway so i think i should be fine with getting the orignal reality!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

cool beans ... enjoy!

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931

for sure! Thanks for your help!

0 Likes