text charges
LOUWIL80

how to I eliminate the $15 monthly data charge for a basic flip phone that does not accept or send text

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: text charges
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about your basic device not being able to send or receive a text message, Louwil80. Let me see what's going on with your monthly data charge and get your device issue fixed. What's the make and model of your device? What's you zip code? What plan are you on? Please share more details so I can assist you.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LOUWIL80

Cell phone involved is a flip top.

It is not capable of sending or receiving. It is a Samsung.

I want to eliminate the $15 monthly charge

LOUIS J [removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LOUWIL80, we understand wanting to be on the best plan that suits your needs. If that basic phone is on an account with a smartphone and is sharing the data the only way to eliminate the additional charge would be to move the basic phone to a plan of its own.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes