those darn black boxes with incoming texts
MARWRO34

I know my LG accolade is a little vintage but I get texts from everyone except one person with an IPhone 8. Over half the time they come in fine, the other, black boxes. Ive gone through tech support at Verizon and did all the usual diagnostics but no go. Is the software in my phone just too vintage? I cant get a straight answer if the newer , flimsy, plastic LG revere 3 will take care of this issue. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: those darn black boxes with incoming texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MARWRO34

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. I am sorry if it feels as if you cant get a straight answer to your question. The fact of the matter is there are many different factors that go into how your phone can receive a message so the answer isn’t a simple yes or no. Granted your phone is a bit dated and I am sure a new one will perform better than the current one, but if we can get to the root of this it will aid us in our recommendation as to what the most effective resolution would be. When you get these text messages that come in as black boxes are they picture messages, group messages or even a regular text that is large in character count? The reason this is important is you phone has a limited internal memory so it is harder for it to process larger items such as the ones mentioned. What troubleshooting steps have you completed in the attempt to resolve this?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're probably having the same problem I'm having along with many other people. Ready my thread for more info.

Basically if you receive an emiticon from any smartphone you'll get bad texts.

If you receive a quote or an apostrophe from an iPhone you'll get bad texts.

I believe Apple caused this latest issue, probably with one of their latest iOS 11 versions. Verizon Wireless doesn't care and Apple definitely won't care. So we're at the mercy of Verizon Wireless techs to contact Apple techs to fix this. But this is all conjecture on my part.

0 Likes
MARWRO34

Very interesting. Thank you for the piece of info. I figured if I got at least half the texts from that apple phone, something had to trigger it. If my phone was totally obsolete, I wouldn't get any texts from this apple phone. I tried explaining this to the owner of that [removed] apple phone but she put all the blame on my LG accolade.

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes