unable to make phone calls even to *611
vtdunkingirl

Hello...I am far from tech savvy hence I have a phone that essentially no one uses anymore. We are unable to make any calls out and we dont know why. I tried 611 and that didnt work either. First it keeps asking us to enter the 8 digit phone number again and then says it cant compute or something similar to that...we are in a regular service area at home where this doesnt happen...I have recently learned that if you are out of your area you are roaming and so there are times in which that is asked...even then mine will not work. I have tried to use the 611 feature and we cant get through to Verizon either...I have turned the phone off to see if that would work...we actually have all three phones doing same thing....I tried to call the hospital and I cant get through! I am hoping you tech savvy users can assist. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to make phone calls even to *611
budone
Legend

My first question, is the bill paid and up to date?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

My first question, is the bill paid and up to date?

0 Likes
vtdunkingirl

Thank you for responding. Yes, all the bills are current. I was finally able to get thru to *611 and after a lengthy conversation they said they are unable to help us without using another phone and yet all of our phones here are Verizon...I live in Brattleboro Vermont and our choices are fairly limited. They simply said they cant help. They talked about going to a Verizon store to perhaps have the program updated however we do not have a Verizon store-there is only a kiosk and they are not so willing to help with prepaid phone lines because they want you to buy a phone there!

I did try the *228 and the call wouldnt go thru either...

0 Likes
vtdunkingirl

We have been able to text but now I am unable to get a response from anyone so I am not sure if that works now either...

0 Likes