upgrade
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

I have been trying to figure out and can't seem to find where I can see when I am able to upgrade for free? I am able to upgrade as of now at a discounted rate but my question is...how far in advance can i upgrade at a discounted rate before I get my free upgrade. as I am not the account owner. I am also curious if I wanted to upgrade to a smart phone how much are the startup charges for that and how much would that increase the bill each month??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no FREE upgrade. The price of the phone might be free in exchange for a two year contract. However you still have to pay the upgrade fee and the sales tax for the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

However you still have to pay the upgrade fee and the sales tax for the device.

This would certainly depend on the state in which the OP lives. Not all states collect tax for the full retail price on a discounted(or free) phone.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

The data charges depends in the plan. Usually it's $30 for 2gb of data pet month going to smartphone. If you're on more everything plan you may just need to add more data

0 Likes