what do i do if i forgot the lock code on a device i previously used and i transferred my number online and cant finish my activation cause i dont remember lock code
smschroer
Enthusiast - Level 1

i switched from a smartphone to a basic phone. my  i done the switch on line threw my prepaid acct but the problem is i dont remember the lock code on the phone i switched to. i thought that when i done the switch it would remove the lock code but it did not and i cant dial *228 to finish the activation because i have to enter the lock code on phone that i cant remember

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what do i do if i forgot the lock code on a device i previously used and i transferred my number online and cant finish my activation cause i dont remember lock code
Tidbits
Legend

Basic phones generally by default are

Or the last 4 of your telephone number(the last numbers the device was activated on)

View solution in original post

Re: what do i do if i forgot the lock code on a device i previously used and i transferred my number online and cant finish my activation cause i dont remember lock code
Tidbits
Legend

Smart phones don't use the *228 to activate.

smschroer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i know that. I switched from a smartphone to a basic flip. The basic flip phone is the one that i need to enter the lock code to dial *228 so i can finish the activation but i dont remember the lock code!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an android phone, you can try the Android Device Manager and install it from the Play Store website to remote unlock the phone.

Apple might have something similar with its Apple ID.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

Basic phones generally by default are

Or the last 4 of your telephone number(the last numbers the device was activated on)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smschroer,

Having access to the phone, and being able to use the baisc phone you want smschroer. Let's see what we can do to get it up and running. Based on what you typed, I see you need the lock code for your basic phone. Once phones are locked, there's a couple to try including 0000. If that did not work, please use the last 4 digits of your phone number. In addition, we may be able to further assist once we have the make and model of the phone. Also, keep in mind the baisc phone must have been active on the Prepaid for 6 months, before being able to activate with postpaid accounts.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes