$40 military discount and Verizon's poor customer service
LindanaFlynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had the $40 military discount for years, but last month, I saw that Verizon offered an educator discount, so I checked to see if it was stackable (it was not, and it was only  $25). I went back and added the military discount and thought all was well. I checked the account for something unrelated about a week later and saw the $25 discount was still applied, so I chatted with an agent and explained that I clearly didn't want the lesser discount and was assured that it would be corrected. 

Today, I was considering adding a line for my dad and opened the chat to see ask the difference in monthly cost would be. The agent kept telling me that my current price was $15 more than it has been because the military discount was only $25.

I spent 90 minutes trying to explain that our discount had been $40 for years - and we have had Verizon for over 20 years - but the person was not listening to what I was saying, asking questions that I had literally just answered.

Finally, after lots of "hold a moment while I look into this" and telling me that we had never been given this price (!), the agent said we had been charged incorrectly all along and that it would be $25 from no on - and then disconnected me.

I tried to reconnect and was told the agents who handle bills were gone for the night. Of course, tonight is the last night of the promo, so I can't even get that now.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to resolve any of this without raising my blood pressure or my bill?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: $40 military discount and Verizon's poor customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, ! Thank you so much for reaching out Verizon. It will be my pleasure to assist you today, in order to provide you a better support and analyze for better options please grant us the access to your account. In order to proceed please click the link below:

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

>Alejandro

0 Likes
shannyshamrock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just received my bill for the month and was shocked to see an increase in our bill. We recently signed up for a teacher discount and were anticipating $25 less than our previous bill. When I called customer service the person that I spoke with this morning indicated that the loyalty discount we received for $40 had been removed from our account when we signed up for the teacher discount because they are not stackable.  As I read through other threads on here, it appears that there is an escalation process and a higher up can review my bill and hopefully put us back on track with our previous statement... Of course, no customer would knowingly choose to pay more!  This information should be made VERY clear when making this change. I am sending this message in private as a courtesy before moving to a group discussion or other social media platforms. Please help me resolve this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you got a bigger bill, shannyshamrock. Let's look into this together. Was this for Fios or Wireless service? Were you given disclosures when adding in a loyalty discount? -Joe

0 Likes