Activation fee
Hburg17110
Hello, I was in a Verizon contract at my prior home. I recently relocated for a job move, and decided to transfer Verizon over to this home (despite my past year of documented issues with them). I called to transfer my service, I was told I could carry over my different area code to the new location it's part of Fios. Great I said. I just received my bill, and there is a $5 charge for that! Never infirmed of that during the sale, I would have rather just started with a local area code.
Next, I ordered one standard box, one HD box, and one HD DVR box. I was installed two standard (non hd) boxes and one DVR box, yet I am being charged for the HD box I never received.
Lastly, I was already in a contract with Verizon at my old home. Yet, I am being charged a $69 activation fee at the new location. Previously, I was told I could call and have that waived upon receiving my first bill. I called, and was told that is not possible.
Again, Verizon is full of miscommunication and the right hand does not know what the left is doing.
0 Likes
Re: Activation fee
Hburg17110

So I spoke with a Verizon rep Sunday who said they are working on my incorrect bill (HD box I do not have, pick your own area code, and activation fee not waived). It is Tuesday, still no adjustments to my bill, and no word from Verizon. Honestly, I would like to pay my (correct) bill.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Hburg17110,

We were able to apply a credit for you. I'm sorry that you had this issue in the first place, but I'm  glad you gave us the chance to help and resolve it. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
Please reopen my 1/7/14 post- Urgent BIlling Issue
Hburg17110

Hello. Please see my 1/7 post. I was incorrectly being charged for an HD box. My home has 2 SD boxes and 1 DVR. This was confirmed by Verizon in that post, and they removed the charge. In fact, they assured me I would not see that charge any longer. Now, I just checked my latest bill, and the $11.99 charge for the HD box is there again.

Please correct this asap so I can pay my bill. I posted one of verizons notes below, confirming this.

Thanks. Erin

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Please reopen my 1/7/14 post- Urgent BIlling Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hburg17110,

We have reopened your private support case.  Please access your case by following the instructions posted above by KaLin.

0 Likes
Hburg17110

What instructions? I do not see anything from Kai on my end.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes