Autopay will not let me change my bank account
throwback1

My credit union informed me I couldn't use a savings account for autopay, just a checking account.   I tried to change it over the phone but the CSR was hostile about "checking for the best value" I hung up on her.  I tried online chat, they were useless.  I try to change it myself and there's a website error message.

If I disenroll and start the process all over again, do I lose any discounts?

0 Likes
Re: Autopay will not let me change my bank account
jonjones1
Legend

@throwback wrote:

My credit union informed me I couldn't use a savings account for autopay, just a checking account.   I tried to change it over the phone but the CSR was hostile about "checking for the best value" I hung up on her.  I tried online chat, they were useless.  I try to change it myself and there's a website error message.

If I disenroll and start the process all over again, do I lose any discounts?

You know this is one of those issues where a customer is caught in a catch 22.

you want to make a change but the company has no way for a customer to do it.

personally having autopay is really not good. Never give a company access to your funds. I would if possible just delete the autopay. Yes you lose the $5-$10 depending on if you have paperless invoicing.

i would just do a one time payment from a credit card or bank card. But no automatic payments.

you could try calling between 8 am until 5 pm Monday through Friday and get an american agent who might be able to assist if that is really the way you want to go.

0 Likes
Re: Autopay will not let me change my bank account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi throwback,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes