Bad Experience and Even Worse Help Provided
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
So I wake up to message on my screen saying it's not a technical issue and I need to contact Verizon to resolve issues with my account to continue enjoying Fios TV. I assumed maybe it's a billing mishap since my bill isn't due or past due, and can just call and clear that up in no time. I contact Verizon at 8am, and find out they have removed my service by accident. I had to sit on the phone for almost 2hrs trying to fix the problem and had to order service all over again. I was told it should be up by 5pm so I get home from work hoping to do all my class assignments to start an enjoyable & relaxing weekend and watch 2 of my favorite shows. Well, it's not working. I call, was told the order is still processing, and just give it an hour. An hour passes, I call, and they transfer me to a Tech. He doesn't know why they transferred me to him but said they always seem to do that. He tries to help for about an hour and then has someone else come on to assist me. I spend another hour or so on the phone with him to end up being sold the same line of "It should be on by....". This time it's midnight, so I'm upset that one of the few nights I look forward to TV, I can't enjoy and also can't log into class till late. Well midnight has come and gone and still nothing. Due to no fault of my own, I'm stuck with nothing but frustration and seems this Veteran will spend Veterans Day going through this all over again tomorrow and probably stuck in the library trying to catch up on my class work because i have a feeling Verizon still wont have it together. You'd think if a company screwed up, they'd do everything they could to fix the problem with as little inconvenience to the customer as possible. I don't feel it's too much to ask. Comcast was an afterthought, but now I'm seriously considering leaving my account closed and exploring other options. This is the first time a cable and/or Internet provider has frustrated me so much that I had to post to a forum and vent about it.
0 Likes
Re: Bad Experience and Even Worse Help Provided
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent service issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

MrRyanDee

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thnx! Hopefully it's much better assistant than I'm still receiving. Transferred to 3 different people for an hour... told everything from I have to wait till Tuesday for a Tech, to my order didn't fully go through the system so I must do it all again. After beibg transferred a 3rd time... it goes to tge automated options and tells me it can't process my call, hang up and try again. [sigh] Truly a headache I could easily have done without if someone didn't screw up.
0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
For some reason it wouldn't let me access as MrRyanDee so I had to create this new account for the community. Any messages will have to be sent here.
0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Entering day #3. The srew up and the removal of my services seemed to take no time at all, correcting their mistake is taking longer than it did for me to get the initial installation & setup. A customer could get new service from any provider in 3-5 business days, so this makes no sense. I see I'm in for another day of long waits, transfers, and misinformation.
0 Likes
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Day #4: was informed yesterday that all they need/needed to do was cancell the order for service by the person that either gave them the wrong address or someone entered wrong and my service would be reactivated. Found this out through a phone call promoted by a twitter post. I got better help through a tweet than I did through 2 days of phone calls and transfers. Hahaha! Such a shame I have to shake my head and laugh. Unfortunately They told me Cancellations is closed on weekends so I have to wait until Monday. WHAT???? This could have been Thursday or Friday when I stated numerous times a Kristen doesn't live here. Still clueless why they'd remove my service, regardless of the duplicate address if it's still in use. I'd think one would apply common sense and assume something is wrong and confirm with both parties before going forward. As they say, common sense isn't too common. Verizon has really F'ed up my weekend. Funny, a chat through direct message ended quick when I asked someone would I be compensated for Verizon's screw up. I guess that's their way if saying I have to suck it up. For what I'm paying monthly as the new customer deal expired, I should get MUCH better service than this. I used to hear Verizon customer service was so much better than Comcast, but I never experienced them seeming clueless and incompetent for 3 days. I spoke with at least 11 people and only the final 2 seemed to know what they were talking about/doing. Oh well, it's not as if I can have Comcast setup by tomorrow. I'll just get dressed and go out to enjoy some football since I can't have friends come over and watch it like we normally do. I should get reimbursed for gas and money spent on food and drinks. Hahaha! Wish me luck tomorrow. It doesn't look promising when you consider what's happened so far.
MrRyanDee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Day #5: not happy with the tineframe and quality of help i first received, but definitely happy to be up and running because i do like the product. It would seem the lesson I learned is that twitter and live chat may be much better options than phone calls. Funny to see me get transferred once in a chat though. Can't escape a transfer with Verizon, I see. hahaha!
0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Afternoon.

We see that your order has completed and we have sent you a private message.  If you have any questions please send us a message.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes